Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Family

Let me introduce you to my family.


My family is extremely important to me.  Without them, I wouldn't be who I am or where I am today.  Each member of my family has been influential in my life and I am constantly learning from all of them.

I am the oldest of the four sisters.  While all four of us share many interests and enjoy a lot of the same activities, there are still many differences among us.  A few things my whole family shares includes our love of nature and being outside, our love of animals, knowing the importance of being a genuine person, eating good food, art, listening to music, and just enjoying each others company.

My dad's art career has been the best way to keep our family close.  My dad works from home (he made the garage his art studio) and my mom runs the business side of the art business.  Every summer we spent traveling from state to state to sell my dad's art.  We would all pile into the truck and start our drive to places like Chicago, Michigan, Ohio, Colorado, New York, and more.  These months on the road served as a sort of working vacation because although this was a way of making money, it was also an opportunity to see the country.  From these experiences, I developed an interest in art and the desire to see the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment